Interior Trends To Love Right Now
A New Year means new trends to covet, so it’s the perfect time to switch out tired homewares and add new elements that have the potential to completely change the vibe and energy of a room, not to mention give your home a much-needed update. These five trends can be easily implemented into any space in your humble abode and will scream style, sophistication and elegance to everyone who walks through the threshold.
- Marble Decor. Marble décor is all the rage in homewares right now, but have you considered a marble feature wall? If not, you simply must check out our gorgeous marble wallpaper that takes this interior trend to a whole new level. Give your home a touch of subtle luxury with our faux marble wallpaper that is made from hard-wearing 150 gsm, double layered non-woven paper and finished with a glaze. Check out how Yvette From The Stylist Splash used it in her master bedroom makeover here!
- Mixed Metals. In all things big and small. Whether it is copper light fittings or brass hardware, a hint of metallic goodness is a must for any stylish home. Keeping a neutral colour palette will make your metallic pieces stand out and ooze understated cool.
- Quartz Pink. As one of the two Pantone Colours of the Year for 2016, a hint of Rose Quartz will create an elegant, yet contemporary feel in any room. Rather than filling a room with dusty pink shades, use the hue in a large feature piece, such as a couch or rug.
- Geometric Artworks. This is a great way to add additional colour and eclectic style to any room. A geometric artwork that combines hexagons, circles and triangles in bright colours could be overwhelming, so opt for something that pairs an abstract design with neutral tones so that one element is the focus point. These unique paintings follow a simple composition so they can be easily placed into various rooms and complement a range of colour palettes.
- Indoor Plants. Whether they’re blooms in a beautiful vase, hanging potted plants, fresh herbs or a colourful terrarium, indoor plants instantly add life and texture to your home, and also brings a sense of calmness and serenity. If you don’t have much of a green-thumb, there are plenty of plant varieties that will allow you to mesh the outdoors and indoors together with limited effort and commitment. An indoor plant could be the missing piece to your décor puzzle.
So tell us, what interior trends are you loving at the moment?